The Jewish Federation Association of Connecticut (JFACT) advocates for the seven Connecticut Jewish Federations and their Jewish Service Agencies across Connecticut. JFACT lobbies city, state and federal governments for legislation that affects Connecticut’s Jewish community and Israel.
JFACT is a community relations extension of the Connecticut Jewish Federations and works in collaboration with a variety of interfaith and secular nonprofit organizations.
Your generous donations help us with the following programs:
- Coordinate Israel Advocacy and guest speakers at Connecticut college campuses & Hillels.
- “How to Advocate” Summer Internship Program for college students and recent graduates to create future advocates and community leaders.
- Mission to Washington D.C. with members of the African American community and state legislators to visit the African American History Museum and National Holocaust Museum.
- Jewish Heritage Celebration at the State Capitol in coordination with all of Jewish Historical Societies across Connecticut
- Yom Ha’atzmaut celebration at the State Capitol which includes flying the Israeli Flag over the State Capitol.
- Inter-faith Passover Seder at the State Capitol.
Programs and Social Justice:
- Lobbying on behalf of the Jewish community.
- Statewide annual Holocaust commemoration at State Capital.
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day on January 27
- Secured $500,000 in State Bonds for Jonathan’s Dream playground at the JCC in Bloomfield, CT.
- Secured $500,000 in State Bond package for JFS of Greater Hartford Capital Campaign with assistance of Senator Jonathan Harris.
- Facilitated grants totaling $221,962 into the Federation system for 2006.
- Maintain NAA (Neighborhood Assistance Act) 2005-2006 for Federations and their agencies with grants totaling over $250,000.